Beautiful Gate Disabled Performing Arts Troupe was launched by Deputy Culture, Arts and Tourism Minister Datuk Fu Ah Kiow on August 13, 2003. It consists of 25 disabled performers and 15 volunteers.
We believes that disabilities do not prevent experiencing in beauty of arts, and aspired to bring to the disabled community, despite their disabilities, an aspiration to experience the beauty of Arts in this era.
Beautiful Gate hopes to provide an opportunity to the disabled community the joy of Performing Arts and allow it to be the media of communication with the society. It hopes to offer the disabled a future and hope of their own beside being an element of motivation of life to the able-body.
Objectives of Beautiful Gate Performing Arts Troupe are as follow:
- To demonstrate the determination of learning and self development of persons with disabilities and transmit the message of determination effort to the public.
- To increase accessibility, interest and understanding of the potential of people with disabilities.
- To create job opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- To integrate people with disabilities with society .
- To promote the greatness of loving and caring spirit
Beautiful Gate Performing Arts Troupe have been invited to perform in most of the big cities in Malaysia, including Sabah and Sarawak, and been to Thailand, Singapore and Manila for Performance Tour.